These days, attention-grabbing posters, graphics are credited as the first factor that has a great impact on the click-through rate. But creating a high-quality thumbnail is not an easy task especially if you have no experience. In such a situation, you have to delegate this work to someone else or hire freelancers to do the task. This again would sometimes prove to be unsatisfactory. Thus it is better to do the work oneself.
Canva is a web-based design platform that enables them to create amazing and professional quality graphic designs. It enables small to large businesses to create customizable graphs, prints and presentation slides with professional layouts, templates, frames, voice icons. Canva is a simple free photo editor, intended for transforming simple snaps into something else – like a poster, invitation, logo or social media post – making it a little more like desktop publishing software.
Features of Canva:
- Smart Interface- Canva has a user-friendly and intuitive interface that allows designing beautiful and creative posters.
- Drag and Drop- This feature that enables you to quickly add photos or image to the software for designing, simply by dragging and dropping the suitable images.
- Several Templates- It has a library of more than 100 templates, which means you can choose your desired templates for any niche.
- Design Elements- There are plenty of design elements embedded in the software which means you do not have to spend hundreds of dollars on designing elements and stock photos.
- Photo straightener- You can change and correct the angle of any picture using this element.
- Other features- There are several other features included in Canva which are: Image Transparency Tool, Web wireframe, Badges, Image Cropper, Photo Enhancer, Photo frames, Stickers, Texture, and various fonts.
Advantages of Canva:
- Templates, documents, and designs can be configured so that others can edit and introduce changes
- You can stores photos for future use
- Wide range of templates to choose from
- Can be used by those who don’t have much idea about a designing software
- One can try using it and get familiar with the software by using its trial plan
Disadvantages of Canva:
- Many features are only unlocked with a paid subscription
- It involves limited editing tools
- Repetitive designs might be found across the web as everyone uses the same design templates
- No support in case you get stuck somewhere while designing
Canva involves three pricing packages to meet the needs of different users. The trial plan is free which offers access to over 8,000 templates, 1GB storage for photos and assets, access to millions of photos for $1 each. Another plan is Canva for Work which costs $12.95 per month. This plan provides unlimited folders for your designs, uploading of custom fonts, color palettes for your brand, an invitation to up to 50 team members, priority support. Canva Enterprise comprises all the Canva Work features with an addition of Team administrative controls, Advanced analytics, Enforce brand
standards, Dedicated account manager.
Is Canva worth the use?
Canva is 100% genuine and legit software for people who don’t want to waste time on developing their skills in creating attractive and professional graphics for their business. With Canva, you don’t have to be a professional designer or a software expert to use it to design posters and other images. It is probably a better choice for small businesses that want to stand out from the crowd than individuals looking for a photo editor. To get an idea of the services and functionalities in Canva, you can go for the trial plan. If satisfied, you can further opt for any other plans keeping in mind your business needs.