Growing an affiliate marketing business is just like starting any other business which takes time, effort, and a lot of trial and error. Chosen the right platform and with a little guidance from an expert, you are sure to earn a handsome amount from it. Wealthy Affiliate is an online course and community that promises to teach you how to make money online with affiliate marketing. It claims to be the best affiliate marketing platform and training course to start your earnings.
Founded in 2005, the Wealthy Affiliate is owned by Canadian entrepreneurs Carson Lim and Kyle Loudon. Since its foundation, this program has helped more than 1.4 million students, making it the most popular affiliate marketing course in the world. Besides the affiliate programs, it also offers other tools for website building, market research, domain registration to set up an online business.
Features of Wealthy Affiliate:
- Online Courses- Wealthy Affiliate offers two different courses- Online Entrepreneur Certification and Affiliate Bootcamp. The first course focuses on propelling your journey of internet entrepreneurship and the second course trains you to make money by promoting Wealthy Affiliate. These courses are further divided into various levels. Each level deals with a specific aspect of promoting an online business through affiliate marketing.
- Website and Hosting Solution- Its website building and hosting too(SiteRubix), is integrated with WordPress. It lets you design awesome-looking websites from more than 3,000 templates. The platform also offers domain registration services and avoids any web programming. It also provides a secure and high-speed hosting solution for your website.
- Market Research Tools- Jaaxy, a keyword research tool developed by Wealthy Affiliate helps in the affiliate marketing business. Jaaxy returns a list of the most relevant and popular keywords in your niche, along with metrics like search volume, competition.
- Community- The most distinguishing feature of Wealthy Affiliate is Wealthy Affiliate’s community. It is a platform where you can have conversations with experienced members and share your own experiences.
Advantages of Wealthy Affiliate:
- It is a community-driven platform where experienced members share their knowledge. It also involves the direct participation of the founders.
- It is a wide roof under which you will find everything you need to get your website running. This includes research tools, website builders, and hosting options.
- The Wealthy Affiliate interface is user-friendly, consisting of study materials, videos, and live webinars which make the courses engaging and interactive.
- The free package of the program allows you to try the course for free.
Disadvantages of Wealthy Affiliate:
- It contains partially outdated course material.
- The core training is filled with misleading claims
- Most of the positive reviews of the course have been given by its working staff itself.
- The courses completely ignore the importance of off-page SEO and focus on PPC advertising instead.
How much does Wealthy Affiliate cost?
There are two membership levels in the Wealthy Affiliate course. One of them is a trial pack, while the other one is a paid membership. The Starter Membership is free and gives you limited access to the training material. It is for a 7 day period offering a Wealthy Affiliate community and website building tools. The Premium Membership comes at $49 per month.
Is Wealthy Affiliate a scam?
Wealthy Affiliate is a great training program but in recent years, it has tilted its reputation towards being ineffective and outdated. The thing with most Wealthy Affiliate reviews is that they present a prejudiced and one-sided view of the platform, persuading you to sign-up. This is mainly because most of these reviews are written by Wealthy Affiliate members who will make money if you sign-up. Besides this, like any other affiliate website, Wealthy Affiliate doesn’t make any bold promises in its advertising. It simply promises to give you a host of tools and training to help get you started on starting on making an affiliate marketing business. So, the Wealthy Affiliate is not a scam.
Is Wealthy Affiliate worth a purchase?
Making an investment in buying the Wealthy Affiliate Program depends on you. It would be a good option to buy the membership if you can pay the money monthly and then recover the amount once your business picks up. Investment should not only mean monetary investment, but it would also include spending hours going through the course material and following the techniques shared in the lessons.